Merchant RDS Box Report
|Prev Merchant Redelivery Report||Up to Reports Functions||Next (none)|
The RDS Box Report
The RDS Box Report is one of the few reports in the RDS system that does not use the Date Selector; it reports the current state of your Magic Boxes and RDS Delivery Boxes, so there is no history to report.
This example shows the list of Magic Boxes and RDS Delivery Boxes currently known to the iGlom RDS system.
There are five columns in the report as follows:
- Redelivery Box Name - This is the Object Name you assigned to the Magic Box or RDS Delivery Box. Clicking the Box Name will open the Inventory Report (explained below)
- Version - This reports the version of the RDS Plugin Script installed in the Box and a two-letter indicator as to what type of Box it is; MB for Magic Boxes and IG for RDS Delivery Boxes.
- Location SLurl - This is the SLurl to the Box Location in-world. Clicking the link will open a new Tab or Window on the Second Life Maps web site. From there you can teleport directly to the Box if desired.
- Last Update - If the Box has checked in within the last 6 hours, the Last Update column will show '< 6 hours'. if it has checked in within the past day, the display will show '< 1 day'. If a Magic Box or RDS Redelivery Box has not checked in within the last day, the RDS system will poke it, checking to see if it is alive. Any box that has been poked and has not yet checked in will show > 1 day. If a Box goes a full 2 days without checking in then it will be removed from the RDS System's database.
- Function - Clicking the Remove link for a Box will remove it from the RDS Database immediately as shown here:
The RDS Inventory Report
Each Magic Box or RDS Delivery Box listed on the RDS Box Report will have a list of Inventory Items contained within. The list contains the items in the Contents tab of the Box that are redeliverable, meaning they are Copyable by the Customer. If an Inventory Item is not listed, double-check that it is marked as "Next Owner Copy Allowed"; if an Inventory Item is not copyable by the Customer, it will not be included in the Inventory List.
You can access the Inventory Report for a Box by clicking the Box Name in the RDS Box Report. An example Inventory List is shown here:
Viewing the Marketplace Product Listing for an Inventory Item
Every Inventory Item that has an associated Product on the SL Marketplace also has a link to the Product Page. Click on the Inventory Name to open a new Window or Tab on the Product Listing Page on the SL Marketplace.
Adding a Product Listing to an Inventory Item
The report above shows that there are currently five Inventory Items available in this Box, however two of those (the 12-month and 3-month Subscription Packages) are not currently associated with any products known to the RDS System. The RDS System only "knows" about products that have been purchased by a customer while it was receiving ANS Transaction Records. These two products are working fine on the Marketplace, but they have not been purchased by anyone yet, so RDS still has not learned about them. We can "teach" RDS about them using the following method.
To the right-hand side of every Inventory Item that does not have an associated Product is a button marked Add. To associate (Add) a Product to the Inventory Item, click the Add button; an entry blank will appear followed by a Go button.
Next go to the Listing Page on the Marketplace for the Product that should be associated with this Inventory Item and Copy the URL of the listing. You can either go to the Product Page directly and copy the URL from the Address Bar of your web browser, or (as shown below) right-click on the Product from your Store listing and Copy Shortcut (or whatever option is used to copy the link to the Product Listing page).
Then move back to the RDS Box Inventory Report and Paste the URL into the entry blank as shown here:
As soon as you press the Enter key or click the Go button, the report will update and show the new Product Name and Item ID number. The Inventory Item is now associated with the Product Listing. You can double-check that the association is correct by clicking the name of the Inventory Item; a new Window or Tab should open with the proper Product Listing on the SL Marketplace shown.
Removing a Product Association from an Inventory Item
If you wish to remove the association between a Product and an Inventory Item, click the Rmv (Remove) button to the right of the Inventory Item. The Inventory List will immediately update and show the Inventory Item as no longer having an association with any Products known to RDS. If you clicked the Rmv by accident, you can add the association again using the Add button.